Home is considered to be a permanent place for an individual or a family. A house provides us shelter from all kinds of environmental hazards. Thus, no compromise should be made while choosing the builder. There are lots of professional home builder offices and they guide in building the best house in affordable price ranges.
Choosing the Right Home Builder
Choosing the best professional home builders according to the budget is the first and foremost step in building a house. Changing the contractor midway would cause a huge delay as well as increase the cost. There are various things that must be kept in mind while choosing the builder. They include
- Needs – Builders generally specialize in building a specific type of home. For example, a builder who specializes in building offices or malls may not accept contracts to build homes, or a builder who generally builds personalized houses for billionaires may not be ready to build simple houses. Thus, it is very necessary to get the right builder.
- Experience – It is important to go for a builder who had built various buildings in the past. It is essential to know about the experience of the team.
- Customer Review – Taking the reviews of the past customers is also a vital part of choosing the right builder. It is crucial to talk to them and find out if they are satisfied with the service and various pros and cons of the builder.
- Checking whether the Builder is Licensed – Though a licensed builder is not necessary everywhere, but it is essential to work with a licensed one where required, otherwise it may lead to various issues in the future.
- Warranty and Service – One of the best features of construction of a new house is the various warranty services that the dealers provide. The best dealer should provide prompt services for the products under warranty and give best tips for proper maintenance of the house.
- Resale Value – Going for builders whose houses tend to increase or even maintain its value over the years would be a wise option.
- Industry Involvement – Checking if the builder is a member of the Home Builder Association in the locality would be a safe option. It would imply that the builder has been in this business for a long time.
- Interview the Builder – Communicating with the builder would allow the customer to know various things about him that would help him in choosing the best builder for his house.
- Comparing with Others – Comparing the price quoted by a few builders and the materials that would be used is very essential to get best services.
Process of Building
After choosing the builder, the process of building begins with planning stage. Here the professional home builders give an idea about the services he would provide and the estimated cost. The customer needs to have a clear picture of his needs before building it. The steps for building a house may vary according to the geographical conditions. The major steps for building a house are:
- Preparation of the Site – The site is cleared and debris and garbage are removed. Filling of the holes is essential before construction.
- Rough Framing – The skeleton of the building, which is the floor, walls and the roof of the house are built first.
- Rough Electric and Plumbing Lines – The electric and water lines are completed.
- Installation of Insulation – Insulation is installed to make the home energy efficient.
- Completion of Interior and Exterior Finishes – The paint coats are applied.
- Installation of Walkways and Driveways – The installation of doors and windows are done. Flooring is also completed in this stage.
- Installation of Bathroom Fixes – Here, the various accessories of bathroom such as shower, wash basin, toilets are installed.
What do you think?