Bed mattress is one of the most important things for our comfort and so we need to spend enough time to consider the appropriate points and then make a purchase decision. If the bed mattress is not according to your preferences and comfort, then this may cause you pain and discomfort in a long run. The first step to consider before purchasing a mattress is to determine how much you are willing to spend. A pre-planned budget is very important in order to avoid over spending, avoid cross-selling techniques of sales person selling bed mattresses, and cutting down all the fancy accessories that come with the mattress. It is crucial to stick to the pre-planned budget. As soon as the prospective bed mattress is chosen, a typical sales person will do his/her best to sell additional accessories and add-ons like additional warranties, bed frames, which you may not need at all.
If the stores selling these are not organized well then it may be difficult for you to compare and buy the right mattress. So, it is better to visit stores with the expectation that you won’t be able to go from store to store and get the same mattress at a cheaper price. It is better you pay attention to the brand of the mattress and type of mattress that make you comfortable. If you want to stick to your budget, it is better to thoroughly browse and check out the information online before visiting the store. Take notes of different model numbers and price ranges and ask the store people to show you these exact models. Certain stores stock only few models for sale. So, it is better that you check early to find out if the particular store has the mattress that you are looking for.
Understand the type of mattress that fits you – There are different types of mattresses available in the market. Some of the basic types are listed below.
- Memory Foam – This is mattresses that come with foam for comfortable sleeping setup. You will drown into this bed mattress and they tend to get warm over the course of the night.
- Sleep number beds – These mattresses contain air pressure chambers to suit the right level of firmness the user prefers. The user can make the mattress firm as and when he or she prefers.
- Firm vs. plush – The name indicated firmness of the mattresses. Some mattresses come with the term plush or firm with their name. You can also find mattresses that are between firm and plush, like cushion firm or pillow top. You need to consider what you are comfortable with and then make a final choice.
Try everything that you like; start from the costly stuff to the cheaper ones
- It is very important to lie on the bed for at least30 seconds to get a feel of the mattress.
- Give yourself some time to relax and understand the mattress.
- One important tip here is to try high-end bed mattress first and move down
Don’t be scared to negotiate
- It is okay to tell the sales person that you will pay a certain amount of money for the model you like.
- You might get a no but it is good to try and bargain with the seller.
Take advantage of your in-home trial, and lock in a good warranty
- Before agreeing to purchase, ensure that the bed mattress is delivered free of cost to your house.
- Make the most of the trial period and ensure that you are completely comfortable with the mattresses.
- Ensure that you bargain for a good warranty.
What do you think?