If you are a pet parent, it literally breaks your heart when you need to go out of town. It can also happen that you are going on a vacation, and the pet has no place to stay. In that case, you need an authentic pet care kennel which can take care of your dog, give it food on time, and also take care of its medical needs.
Pet care kennels are beneficial for a variety of reasons:
- It helps them avoid stress of long rides or going in the airplane for long periods
- Your pet is in a place where he or she is welcome – most hotels do not like pets
- In the kennel the pet will receive more attention as well as care than when he or she is alone at home
- The kennel has staff that monitors the pet for any health problems. Therefore, any health issues are caught in time
- The kennels are escape proof for all pets
Go for recommendations of pet care kennels before you make the final selection:
In order to identify a good kennel, you should ask recommendations from friends, animal shelters or even the veterinarian.
You should also check if the state does inspections, and if they do, does the kennel have the certificates showing that it adheres to the standards which are required.
The next step is to confirm if these pet kennels can house your pets for the dates you require and if they are able to meet the special requirements which your pet needs.
It is also important to inform the pet kennel authorities about the regular food and medicine habits of your dog. It is essential that when you are not around, it is their officials who take care of your pets.
When you visit the kennel you should specially pay attention to the factors which are mentioned below:
- How hygienic is the place? Does it look clean? Does it smell clean?
- Is there sufficient light as well as ventilation?
- Is there a comfortable temperature being maintained?
- Is the staff caring and do they seem that they are knowledgeable?
- Are the pets required to be current with regards their vaccinations?
- Does each of the pets housed there have space to run about and do they have an exercise schedule for each pet.
- Are there indoor as well as outdoor runs. If there are outdoor runs, are they protected from the rain, snow as well as wind.
- Is there bedding provided or do the animals need to sleep on the concrete floor. Are there resting boards?
- Are the cats kept in a separate area from the dogs?
- How often are the pets fed
- Does the kennel provide food or can the owner provide the food that the pet is used to?
- In case of emergencies or in case of any requirement, are veterinary services provided
- Do they have other services for the pets? These are in terms of grooming, bathing or even training of the pets
- How do they charge? What is the basis of it?
Once you are satisfied on these counts and more, you need to accustom your pet to the kennel by keeping him or her there for short trips. Then make sure you pack all the medications and special needs the pet requires. Also provide the kennel with the name and number of the veterinarian and give details of a local person who they can reach as well. You also need to provide the details to the kennel in case of any behavior or medical issues your pet may have. If you are looking for the best kennels for your dog, then just go through here and get the best dog kennels.